Second spot for Sam
Karting ace Sam Stephens enjoyed a successful weekend at Dunkeswell.
THIRTEEN-year-old Sam Stephens had a successful race weekend recently in the penultimate round of the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championships.
In the Saturday practice, the Worle School student achieved some competitive lap times and was pleased with the set up of the kart.
On race day, Sam was placed third on the grid in heat one and maintained his position to finish third. In heat two, Sam started second and drove an excellent race to hold his position. In heat three, Sam was in pole position to start, but after a racing incident was pushed back to fourth, but recovered well to finish third.
In the final, Sam was third on the grid and despite an early setback when he was knocked off the track, drove with great tenacity to finish in second place.
You may also want to watch:
Sam is currently second in the Minimax class of the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championship, which is an amazing achievement in his first full year in the class. Sam is grateful for support from Team Traxxion, Worle Autos, Barber Co and Demon Tweeks. However, any further help or sponsorship from the local community would be much appreciated. All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Weston businesses move online for second lockdown