Second success for Wedmore
Isle of Wedmore men continue to progress in the Somerset indoor bowls league with another victory.
THE Isle of Wedmore men continued to progress in the SCIBA League by gaining their second successive victory of the season, winning on three rinks against Woodspring.
Wedmore 83, Woodspring 74: V Matthews, K Phillimore, K Pettit, D Nicholls 19-18; R Bull, P Moxey, R Thurkettle, R Hughes 20-21; B Back, C Panchaud, K Burt, C Moss 23-21; R Newell, J Harris, R Barron, E Payne 21-15.
However, the SCIBA match against a strong Watchet team was less successful. After close games in the morning session, the final away game produced an overall win for Watchet.
Wedmore 72, Watchet 82: R Newell, D Stansfield, R Barron, E Payne 19-23; T Brown, C Panchaud, K Phillimore, C Moss 20-10; R Bull, S Newdick, R Thurkettle, R Hughes 21-23; B Back, T Keates, K Pettit, D Nicholls 12-26.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies played against the County Under-25 ladies, losing on both rinks for a final score of 19-42. A mixed friendly played against Clarence resulted in a win by 61-25. A team from Minehead travelled to Wedmore for another friendly, won by the home team by 46-36.
Leagues and club competitions are continuing through the winter season. Both men’s and ladies’ National Double-Rink competitions will be played in early February.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 8 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 New leadership team for charity
New members are always welcome.