Second victory for Johnny
Johnny Page won his second successive match at the Shiplate Fisheries in Bleadon.
THE Sunday Bank Holiday open match at Shiplate Farm in Bleadon started off overcast and mild, which were ideal conditions for the match on the Hawthorns and Westpool.
But as the weather turned brighter and hotter, the fishing became harder. Most of the anglers waited until the last hour of the match to lure the fish onto their baits.
Johnny Page took the overall win of the match, which was his second successive win at the lakes in as many matches, with 103lb 10oz from peg 12 on the Hawthorns, fishing maggot on the pole to the far bank.
Results: Johnny Page 103lb 10oz (peg 12), Hawthorns; section winner Hawthorns, Tim Lewis 87lb 2oz (peg 6); section winner Westpool, Steve Howell 53lb 3oz (peg 15).
You may also want to watch:
Silvers - Hawthorns: Jeff Wye, 44lb 8oz (peg 11); Westpool: Dominic Sullivan 23lb 4oz (peg 12).
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston