Seconds caught out
Winscombe seconds went down 5-2 and conceding two early goals to Minehead.
Winscombe Ladies 2nd XI 2
Minehead 1st XI 5
MINEHEAD played hard from the first whistle and soon found themselves 2-0 ahead after catching the Winscombe defence with two quick breaks.
Winscombe regrouped and the rest of the match was evenly fought with both teams creating lots of chances.
You may also want to watch:
The first Winscombe goal was scored by Claudia Routhorn-James from a passage of quick passes starting with Kaye Wannerton at the back.
The second goal was from a short corner which was stopped on the top of the circle by Vicky Calder and then slipped by Nicky Mills to Becky Matthews, who swept the ball into the goal.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 4 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
There were particularly good performances by the younger members of the team, notably Wannerton, Ashleigh Jones and Amy Knapman.
Winscombe Ladies Hockey Club train and plays at Hans Price Academy in Weston and has three teams playing league hockey, a development squad and thriving junior section (under-13s).
For further information, please e-mail Gail at firstname.lastname@example.org