Seconds fall well short of target
- Credit: Archant
Weston 2nd XI finished 120 runs short of their target at home to Frocester.
WESTON 2nd XI’s run chase fell comfortably short of the 247 runs set by Frocester.
Having lost the toss, Weston bowled first and struggled to contain opening batsmen Liam O’Doherty and Ali Bray. Wickets were hard to come by, with Frocester 157-1 in the 30th over.
Some good bowling from Matt Blamire and Tom Ford helped contain the run rate, but neither ended their spell with a Frocester wicket. The breakthrough for Weston came in the 31st over with Sam Curley taking the next five wickets for 48 runs from his nine over spell as Frocester ended their innings on 247-6 with O’Doherty scoring an excellent 119.
After tea, wickets fell early with Weston 39-5 off eight overs. A good partnership from Ben Dancey (32) and Peter Hooper (47) kept Weston’s runs flowing, but some good bowling from Frocester’s Richard Woodmason and Alex Ireland ended the Weston innings at 127 all out.
You may also want to watch:
The InTouchCRM man of the man was Sam Curley.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes