Seconds stay top
Burnham 2nd XV stay top of the table after their latest victory.
BURNHAM Seconds hosted Tor in a league clash and won again to stay top of the league.
Burnham took the lead when hooker Ashley Morris took one against the head and Nick McKen broke away and fed Sam Ford for a fine try. Soon after, a turnover ball by Ed Lewis saw scrum-half Mike Whitfield feed McKen to cross.
Will Conway then scored under the posts, followed by his conversion and before long Whitfield scored the next try, converted by Conway for a half-time score of 24-0.
The pack settled in well and the front row of Ed Lewis, Morris and Matt Slater were an even match for a heavier Tor front row, but Tor were first to score in the second half with a try.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham brought on Dan Collins, Gilly Hicks, Tom Stevens, Andy Blair and Podge Barrington and they soon made an impact. Following a kick and chase by Lee Berry and Mark O’Regan, Berry was able to touch down.
Two late tries were scored by Dan Berry, both converted by Conway took the final score to 48-5.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards