Seconds stay top
Burnham 2nd XV stay top of the table after their latest victory.
BURNHAM Seconds hosted Tor in a league clash and won again to stay top of the league.
Burnham took the lead when hooker Ashley Morris took one against the head and Nick McKen broke away and fed Sam Ford for a fine try. Soon after, a turnover ball by Ed Lewis saw scrum-half Mike Whitfield feed McKen to cross.
Will Conway then scored under the posts, followed by his conversion and before long Whitfield scored the next try, converted by Conway for a half-time score of 24-0.
The pack settled in well and the front row of Ed Lewis, Morris and Matt Slater were an even match for a heavier Tor front row, but Tor were first to score in the second half with a try.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham brought on Dan Collins, Gilly Hicks, Tom Stevens, Andy Blair and Podge Barrington and they soon made an impact. Following a kick and chase by Lee Berry and Mark O’Regan, Berry was able to touch down.
Two late tries were scored by Dan Berry, both converted by Conway took the final score to 48-5.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait