Seconds storm to victory
Burnham 2nd XV entertained Bridgwater and recorded a 26-6 victory.
Burnham 2nd XV 26 pts
Bridgwater 6 pts
BURNHAM seconds entertained neighbours Bridgewater to a storm-swept BASC ground.
A turnover in midfield saw the ball passed to Chris Lee, who drew two players to pass to Ben Gibb to cross the line, converted by the scorer. Joe Osgood broke free to touch down the second try, converted by Gibb.
You may also want to watch:
The front three of Glen, Ash and Phil were in charge, with the second row of Ginge and Mike providing the power, while the back three of Lloyd, Tom and Ben Stacey dominated at the breakdown.
Just before the break, Lee Berry dummied the Bridgwater defence to score Burnham’s third try.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
After the break, Bridgwater crossed for a try in the corner. A good catch in the line-out by Tom Stevens, gave Will Conway space to punch a hole in the defence and Ben Stacey was on hand to score the fourth try and bonus point, converted by Alex Watkins to finish the scoring.