Seconds storm to victory
Burnham 2nd XV entertained Bridgwater and recorded a 26-6 victory.
Burnham 2nd XV 26 pts
Bridgwater 6 pts
BURNHAM seconds entertained neighbours Bridgewater to a storm-swept BASC ground.
A turnover in midfield saw the ball passed to Chris Lee, who drew two players to pass to Ben Gibb to cross the line, converted by the scorer. Joe Osgood broke free to touch down the second try, converted by Gibb.
You may also want to watch:
The front three of Glen, Ash and Phil were in charge, with the second row of Ginge and Mike providing the power, while the back three of Lloyd, Tom and Ben Stacey dominated at the breakdown.
Just before the break, Lee Berry dummied the Bridgwater defence to score Burnham’s third try.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
After the break, Bridgwater crossed for a try in the corner. A good catch in the line-out by Tom Stevens, gave Will Conway space to punch a hole in the defence and Ben Stacey was on hand to score the fourth try and bonus point, converted by Alex Watkins to finish the scoring.