Shipham celebrate first anniversary
Shipham Youth Football Club celebrated its first anniversary with a five-a-side tournament.
TO celebrate its first anniversary, Shipham Youth Football Club held a five-a-side tournament with eight teams competing.
Breaking with tradition, the club invited youngsters between eight and 14 years to attend on the day and formed teams from the 46 youngsters who registered to mix all the age groups and abilities with great success.
The games had it all, from goals, group play-offs and penalty shoot-outs resulting in a final between The Mammouth Lion Warriors captained by Sam Neal (Fintan Carroll, Adam Trenchard, Alfie Tucknott, Lydia Neal, Fred Body and Harvey Asford) and Real Madrid captained by Ellie Orritt (Thomas Vallance, William Goddard, Cameron Byrom, George Peacey and Aiden Cross), the victors being The Mammouth Lion Warriors after a 4-3 thriller.
The club would like to thank the teams from Winscombe Juniors, who joined for the day and helped make it the success.
You may also want to watch:
Shipham Youth Football Club is affiliated with the Somerset FA, but does not compete in local leagues. The club exists to enable boys and girls of all abilities to meet up every Wednesday to enjoy exercise and playing football with the emphasis on enjoyment and inclusion.
The club currently have between 20 and 25 youngsters aged between eight and 14 meeting at the football club in Shipham between 6-7pm.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 8 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 9 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 10 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
For more information, either come along on a Wednesday or contact Iain Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 842114.