Short mat charity tournament
Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club held the first of two charity bowls tournaments at the Village Hall.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held the first of two charity bowls tournaments at the Village Hall.
This tournament was in aid of Brainwave SW, raised �900, and teams were invited from as far afield as South Wales, Devon and Dorset. These were split into two groups with each team playing four games.
The winners of each group were Cerne Abbas from Dorset and Skewen from South Wales. The final was played over 10 ends with Cerne Abbas being the eventual winners, with the trophies presented by John Chatburn MBE, from Hutton.
Thanks must go to all of the club members, who contributed in any way, but especially to club captain Frank Paige, who organised the event and the ladies from the club who worked tirelessly in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The next charity tournament will be held on September 30. Further information can be found at www.huttonsmbc.co.uk
John Chatburn MBE, presentes the trophies to winners Cerne Abbas and runners-up Skewen.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
Report and photo Via I-Witness.