Short mat charity tournament
Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club held the first of two charity bowls tournaments at the Village Hall.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held the first of two charity bowls tournaments at the Village Hall.
This tournament was in aid of Brainwave SW, raised �900, and teams were invited from as far afield as South Wales, Devon and Dorset. These were split into two groups with each team playing four games.
The winners of each group were Cerne Abbas from Dorset and Skewen from South Wales. The final was played over 10 ends with Cerne Abbas being the eventual winners, with the trophies presented by John Chatburn MBE, from Hutton.
Thanks must go to all of the club members, who contributed in any way, but especially to club captain Frank Paige, who organised the event and the ladies from the club who worked tirelessly in the kitchen.
You may also want to watch:
The next charity tournament will be held on September 30. Further information can be found at www.huttonsmbc.co.uk
John Chatburn MBE, presentes the trophies to winners Cerne Abbas and runners-up Skewen.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
Report and photo Via I-Witness.