Silver for Lele
Lele Nairne earns a judo silver medal at a recent event in Kingsbridge, Devon.
LELE Nairne (13) travelled to Kingsbridge, Devon, to participate in the Peter Murphy Judo Championships, competing against some of the best judoka that the West of England has to offer.
She quickly won her first three contests in grand style with big throws to win the silver medal.
Lele, who lives in Kewstoke and attends Priory Community School, is a member of the British judo squad at pre-cadet level and is ranked number one in the UK for her weight and category.
Later this month she will be competing at the Venray International in Holland as well as the London International and another international competition in June.
You may also want to watch:
Her father Kevin said: “As usual Lele did really well and represented Priory Community School, her club and Weston to the highest standard. She is constantly trying new techniques to expand and become a better player.”
? Ben and Toby Attwood travelled to Kingsbridge Devon to compete in the West of England Judo Championships.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 5 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 6 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 7 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 8 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 9 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
Toby, of Cheddar Judo Club, found the day challenging, as he was fighting up a weight group, losing in the final to take silver.
Ben retained his title, winning every fight in style including the final within 10 seconds.
The Attwood brothers are now training hard for the Kent International judo championships held at Crystal Palace at the end of June.
In the meantime Ben will be competing in Toulouse France at the beginning of June.