Silver medal for Toby
Toby Attwood earns a silver medal at national judo ranking event.
TOBY and Ben Attwood competed in the Heart of England Judo championships, which is one of the four national ranking events held each year.
Toby fought extremely well and only came unstuck against the British number one, winning an excellent silver medal and valuable ranking points.
Toby is currently ranked number two in Great Britain at his age and weight, and has his sights set on the number one spot in the British Championships in October.
Ben has regularly produced medal winning performances in most national and international events, but is now in a transitional stage of his judo career competing against older opposition.
You may also want to watch:
In a large group of 23 players, Ben exceeded his expectations, only being denied a bronze medal fight because of a bad nose bleed, this gave Ben seventh place. Ben has also been confirmed a place in the squad for a trip to Germany later this year.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown