Silver medal for Toby
Toby Attwood earns a silver medal at national judo ranking event.
TOBY and Ben Attwood competed in the Heart of England Judo championships, which is one of the four national ranking events held each year.
Toby fought extremely well and only came unstuck against the British number one, winning an excellent silver medal and valuable ranking points.
Toby is currently ranked number two in Great Britain at his age and weight, and has his sights set on the number one spot in the British Championships in October.
Ben has regularly produced medal winning performances in most national and international events, but is now in a transitional stage of his judo career competing against older opposition.
You may also want to watch:
In a large group of 23 players, Ben exceeded his expectations, only being denied a bronze medal fight because of a bad nose bleed, this gave Ben seventh place. Ben has also been confirmed a place in the squad for a trip to Germany later this year.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look