Silvers record broken at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
A new record was set at Shiplate Farm Fisheries with a new silvers target set.
THE match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm, produced surprising results with a good few bag weights of silvers, giving the lake a new top silvers weight of 82lb 2oz.
Top overall weight on match was 122lb 6oz.
George Fletcher fished soft pellet on the pole at four metres and hauled in the winning bags of 82lb 2oz of silvers and 40lb 4oz of carp.
Results: George Fletcher (peg 14), 122lb 6oz; Eric Searle (peg 13), 78lb 12oz; Andrew Denahay (peg 15), 53lb 13oz. Silvers went to Robby (peg 4), 53lb 4oz.
You may also want to watch:
With another weather front pushing in, the fish are undecided whether to feed or not. A lot fish were seen in the pegs, but skill and luck were needed to get them to feed. The Hawthorns was the venue for the match and the finishing weights were close, but Dominic Sullivan just managed to pull ahead in the final hour to win the match. Fishing hard and expander pellet on the pole at 14m, he bagged just enough to outweigh his rivals.
Results: Dominic Sullivan (peg 3), 57lb 1oz; Ray Bass (peg 1), 53lb 4oz; Tom Light (peg 7), 49lb; Titch Williams (peg 9), 34lb 3oz. Silvers went to Ron Stark (peg 4), 7lb 7oz (31lb 4oz total).
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes