Sisters boxing clever
Boxing sisters looking for national success.
WESTON Amateur Boxing Club’s two female boxers are on the verge of success.
Both young ladies are the first to compete as amateur boxers for Weston, but also 19-year-old Bristol student Mischale George has reached the semi-finals of the National Womens’ Championships at light-heavyweight and has to travel to Harlow in Essex on Sunday in her efforts to reach the final.
Even more incredible is that her sister Merlene George (15) from Oldmixon has reached the national junior finals to take place at Mansfield, Nottinghamshire on June 11.
However, she faces a tough contest against two-time ABA junior champion Jenna O’Rielly from East London.
You may also want to watch:
More good news is that Weston ABC and Weston Warriors ABC are planning joint shows at the end of October and March next year.
Weston ABC is also on the look out for shirt sponsors for next season. If interested, contact John on 07786 371164.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released