Six called up for GB gymnasti squad
- Credit: Archant
Six gymnasts from Weston Aerobic Gymnastics have been called up for the British gymnastic squad.
SIX gymnasts from Weston Aerobic Gymnastics have been included in the British gymnastic squad for this year.
Experienced squad member Matt Saunders retained his place in the junior squad as both individual male and mixed pair.
In the age 12-14 group, Rhys Williams and Keira Landen again retained their places as both a mixed pair and male and female individuals.
New to the squad are three 10-year-old gymnasts, Lewis Harvey will train with the national squad as both male individual and in trios with fellow Weston gymnasts Bella Styles and Molly Brown.
You may also want to watch:
All the gymnasts will meet the rest of their British team when they train with the national coaches.
Matt, Rhys and Keira will be hoping to represent Great Britain at the World Championships in Mexico later this year, and Lewis, Molly and Bella are hoping to be selected to represent Great Britain at the Bulgarian Open in May.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
All six will be travelling to Slovakia to compete for Weston, with other team-mates from the club in April.