Six gymnasts qualify for national event
Six gymnasts from Splitz Gym Club have qualified for the semi-finals of a national event in May.
SPLITZ Gym Club entered 15 gymnasts in the prelim tumbling competition at Bath University.
They were: Carmen Benham, Rea Cooper, Libby Bunker, Sienna Cunliffe, Storm Rickwood, Harry Sheppard, Ellie Mae Shearer, Isabelle Murphy, Sam Middleton, Harley Richards, Maisie Carter, Chili Harling, Olivia Harvey Bennett, Elleanor Atwell, and Kayleigh Down.
The club had its best results ever, with an amazing hat-trick in the girls’ 11-12 year group.
Medal winners - 13+ age group, girls grade 1: Carmen Benham (gold), Rea Cooper (silver). 13+ age group, boy’s grade 1: Sam Middleton (gold). 11-12 years grade 1: Sienna Cunliffe (bronze).
11-12 year grade 2: Kayleigh Down (gold), Chili Harling (silver), Elleanor Atwell (bronze). 13+ grade 5: Libby Bunker (silver).
Carmen, Rea, Sam, Kayleigh, Chili and Libby have all qualified for the semi-finals to be held in Coventry in May.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 7 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 8 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 9 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
Coach Sharon Benham said: “I am so proud of all the gymnasts who competed, they were all fantastic and performed outstanding tumble runs to their best and we are looking forward to the finals.”
Splitz Gym Club have many classes of general gym from age four upwards and have obtained funding for new trampolining classes held at Broadoak Computing and Mathematics College on a Monday (5-6pm) and would like to offer free classes to try this exciting sport.
If you would like a place, booking is needed and places are limited. Please ring 07900 856129 or go to www.splitzgymclub.co.uk