Six gymnasts qualify for national event
Six gymnasts from Splitz Gym Club have qualified for the semi-finals of a national event in May.
SPLITZ Gym Club entered 15 gymnasts in the prelim tumbling competition at Bath University.
They were: Carmen Benham, Rea Cooper, Libby Bunker, Sienna Cunliffe, Storm Rickwood, Harry Sheppard, Ellie Mae Shearer, Isabelle Murphy, Sam Middleton, Harley Richards, Maisie Carter, Chili Harling, Olivia Harvey Bennett, Elleanor Atwell, and Kayleigh Down.
The club had its best results ever, with an amazing hat-trick in the girls’ 11-12 year group.
Medal winners - 13+ age group, girls grade 1: Carmen Benham (gold), Rea Cooper (silver). 13+ age group, boy’s grade 1: Sam Middleton (gold). 11-12 years grade 1: Sienna Cunliffe (bronze).
You may also want to watch:
11-12 year grade 2: Kayleigh Down (gold), Chili Harling (silver), Elleanor Atwell (bronze). 13+ grade 5: Libby Bunker (silver).
Carmen, Rea, Sam, Kayleigh, Chili and Libby have all qualified for the semi-finals to be held in Coventry in May.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Coach Sharon Benham said: “I am so proud of all the gymnasts who competed, they were all fantastic and performed outstanding tumble runs to their best and we are looking forward to the finals.”
Splitz Gym Club have many classes of general gym from age four upwards and have obtained funding for new trampolining classes held at Broadoak Computing and Mathematics College on a Monday (5-6pm) and would like to offer free classes to try this exciting sport.
If you would like a place, booking is needed and places are limited. Please ring 07900 856129 or go to www.splitzgymclub.co.uk