Six personal best times for Marcus
- Credit: Archant
Weston swimmer Marcus Gardiner posted six personal best times at the South West Regional Youth Championship at Millfield School.
SWIMMERS from Weston have been competing at this year’s South West Regional Youth Championships at Millfield School in Somerset.
Esme Gullick, Lucy Davis and Marcus Gardiner represented the club in several events over the weekend and earned a grand total of 10 medals between them.
Esme and Lucy both swam for the multi-club Taunton Deane network relay squad, vying for a place at national level competition.
Despite attaining second, third and fourth places in the three relay races, the girls must wait on similar events in other regions across the country for news on whether they will be attending the summer’s national event.
You may also want to watch:
Esme went on to achieve bronze and silver medals in her 200m individual medley and 100m butterfly events and a gold medal in the 200 butterfly.
In the meantime, Marcus swam in seven events and was rewarded with six personal best times, two silver medals in the 100m and 200m breaststroke and a further bronze medal in the 50m breaststroke.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
Marcus earned high-level qualifying times in the 100m event and will be joining the girls, who have already qualified, at the British Gas National Youth Championships in July.
All swimmers went home pleased with their results after a tiring bank holiday weekend and will return home to warm congratulations from the rest of the club.
To find out more about Weston Swimming Club, visit www.weston-super-mare-swimming-club.co.uk or to join the Learn To Swim section (for swimmers 4-9 years, to feed into the competitive club), email Zara Gardner - email@example.com or to arrange a trial, contact Mike Coles firstname.lastname@example.org