Six SW medals for Splitz Gym Club
GYMNASTICS - SPLITZ Gym Club competed in the South West Acrobatic and Tumbling Championships held over two consecutive weekends at Sherbourne and Yate, and came home with six medals.
SPLITZ Gym Club competed in the South West Acrobatic and Tumbling Championships held over two consecutive weekends at Sherbourne and Yate, and came home with six medals.
Medal winners in Tumbling were Seth Bell, gold medallist in his first tumbling competition, Aaron Memet, silver medal, Hannah Wilcox, bronze medal, and Leanne Chubb, silver medal,
Highlights of the competition were Emily Hodder and Carmen Benham, bronze medal in pairs against 41 other pairs. Carmen Benham and Emily Smart got a well earned fifth place in pairs.
Competing gymnasts also were Louise Chubb, Lou Walker, Eleanor Robertson, Corinna Eliott, Hannah Wilcox, Emily Smart, Kerrin Hawkings, Sally Dean, Elishia Hartill, Daisy Porter, Charlotte Patch, Olivia Harvey, Rosie Hodder, Katie Mitchell and Lydia Hawkings.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Sharon Benham said: "Well done to all gymnasts who competed, you all did the club proud."
Splitz Gym Club runs general gymnastic classes at the Campus, Oldmixon and Hutton School. If you would like more information, e-mail the website at www.splitzgymclub.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences