Sixth podium finish for Roger
Roger Orgee captured his sixth podium finish in a row in the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
GOOD weather greeted the crowds at this double header round of the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
Local contender Roger Orgee, has enjoyed a remarkable run of podiums, with one win followed by five third places in a row.
After qualifying on the second row in the first race, the car engine was showing signs of wear and in need of a rebuild. A good start saw Roger running in third place, pushing hard for the lead on every lap.
However, as the race ran out the engine was running too hot and Roger was demoted to fourth place, only for the overtaking driver to suddenly slow, giving Roger another third place.
You may also want to watch:
In race two, the engine was losing power, but by hanging on to the leaders for the first few laps, Roger managed to keep up with the breakaway group.
With only two laps to go, the car started to run slower, letting the following pack close back up to Roger’s tail.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Starting the last lap, Roger looked to have kept his place, but on the last corner disaster struck when the following competitor tried for a gap that wasn’t there and spun Roger around at over 100 miles per hour, but some good car control ensured Roger sorted out the spin.
He managed to drive smartly off the grass and finish in fifth place, only dropping a couple of points after the drama.