Sixth running of Weston junior parkrun
- Credit: Archant
The Weston junior parkrun saw 97 young runners take part in overcast conditions.
It was overcast last Sunday for the sixth outing of the Weston junior parkrun, but the kids were all bright-eyed and eager to get going.
Ninety-seven young runners took part, including 22 first-timers and congratulations go to all the children who ran, with a special mention going to Olivia Simmonds and William Maine, who were the first female and male finishers.
Also, well done to William for achieving the highest age grading and to Poppy Burton-Dickie and Noah Kelly, who have ran all six parkruns in Weston and claimed personal bests times.
Finally, as always, a massive thanks to the volunteers, without a full roster every week, it would be unable to put the run on, so it is very much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, from registering your child to helping out, go to: www.parkrun.org.uk/westonsupermare-juniors
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 5 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 6 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 7 Town centre park to reopen as wellbeing park for people to aid mental and physical health
- 8 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 9 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 10 Airport appeal to be heard in the summer