Sixth running of Weston junior parkrun
- Credit: Archant
The Weston junior parkrun saw 97 young runners take part in overcast conditions.
It was overcast last Sunday for the sixth outing of the Weston junior parkrun, but the kids were all bright-eyed and eager to get going.
Ninety-seven young runners took part, including 22 first-timers and congratulations go to all the children who ran, with a special mention going to Olivia Simmonds and William Maine, who were the first female and male finishers.
Also, well done to William for achieving the highest age grading and to Poppy Burton-Dickie and Noah Kelly, who have ran all six parkruns in Weston and claimed personal bests times.
Finally, as always, a massive thanks to the volunteers, without a full roster every week, it would be unable to put the run on, so it is very much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, from registering your child to helping out, go to: www.parkrun.org.uk/westonsupermare-juniors
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards