Sixth running of Weston junior parkrun
- Credit: Archant
The Weston junior parkrun saw 97 young runners take part in overcast conditions.
It was overcast last Sunday for the sixth outing of the Weston junior parkrun, but the kids were all bright-eyed and eager to get going.
Ninety-seven young runners took part, including 22 first-timers and congratulations go to all the children who ran, with a special mention going to Olivia Simmonds and William Maine, who were the first female and male finishers.
Also, well done to William for achieving the highest age grading and to Poppy Burton-Dickie and Noah Kelly, who have ran all six parkruns in Weston and claimed personal bests times.
Finally, as always, a massive thanks to the volunteers, without a full roster every week, it would be unable to put the run on, so it is very much appreciated.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the event, from registering your child to helping out, go to: www.parkrun.org.uk/westonsupermare-juniors
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences