Skittles League presentation evening
The Weston & District Skittle League held their presentation evening at Batch Country House, Lympsham.
THE Weston & District Skittle League held their presentation evening at Batch Country House, Lympsham.
An attendance of almost 200 enjoyed an excellent meal which was followed by a presentation of trophies, including those donated by Alvis Brothers, Butcombe Brewery, RCH Brewery, Sweets n Things, Cabot Bars and Thatchers Cider, to the successful teams and individuals.
Individual winners: Chris Hunt, Malcolm Day, Chris Ager, Simon Cowgill, Dave Blackhurst, Gary Cross, Paul Steer, Jim Maitland and Dean Hooper
Pairs: Ross Morris and Chris Hunt, Dean Hooper and Paul Lintern, Luke Parfitt and Lee Dodd, Gavin Wood and Nick White. London Bridge: Phil Dean, Alex Blake and Paul Griffiths.
You may also want to watch:
Highest away averages and most away spares: Keith Hann, Brian Young, Steve Barker, Kevin Stock and Clive Hale. Highest scores: Brian Young, Julien Mason, Craig Millett and Fraser Lads.
Team averages: Rascals, Regent Sports, Weston Legionaires and White Hart Humbles.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
Rascals won the Division 1, the Perkins Cup and the Division 1 Hospital Cup. The other successful teams were - Hospital Cup Division 1 runners-up; Worle Club. Division 2: Dropouts and Worle Century Club. Division 3: White Hart Harriers and Churchill Club. Division 4: Beer Masters and White Hart Humbles.
League championships - Division 1 runners-up: Worle Club; Division 2: Regent Sports and Bittermen; Division 3: White Hart Harriers and Weston Legionaires; Division 4: Beer Masters and W/Anchors Away. Earlybirds gained the Wooden Spoon for the seventh season, without winning a game during the season.
The Steve James Cup was won by Homefield Rangers and Fraser Lads won the Graham Wilcox Cup as runners-up.
The Perkins Cup saw the Crown Inn come runners-up and Dropouts were third.
Winners of other awards were: Tim Quick, Ian Norton, Nathan Millett, Gary Norman, Tony Williams, Perry Bentley and the Crown Inn.
After the presentations members and guests were again entertained by Soulville Express.
The league has vacancies for the season starting in September and any interested parties should contact Hugh Edwards on 01934 635197 before the annual meeting on June 9 at the Conservative Club.