Slow sport at Shiplate
The match at the Hawthorns, Shiplate Farm, saw a catch rate slower than usual, with only two anglers managing to build good nets of fish.
SATURDAY’S match at the Hawthorns, Shiplate Farm, saw a catch rate slower than usual, with only two anglers managing to build good nets of fish.
Dominic Sullivan fished maggot down the track and far bank to take first place with a well earned 73lb 10oz, followed by Jeff Wye with 50lb 12oz for second place and top silvers weight. Phil Lambert was third with 25lb 12oz.
Hawthorns (15 pegs): Dom Sullivan (peg 12), 73lb 10oz; Jeff Wye (peg 10), 50lb 12oz; Phil Lambert (peg 15), 25lb 12oz.
Sunday’s match showed vast improvement with Fry’s/Clevedon match on the Westpool and Hawthorns, giving Pete Sivell first place with 99lb 10oz from the Hawthorns, fishing maggot on the pole to the far bank and centre track.
You may also want to watch:
Hawthorns and Westpool (30 pegs):
Results: Pete Sivell (Frys) H/W (peg 9), 99lb 10oz; Paul Chapman (Clevedon) H/W (peg 1), 81lb 13oz; Jason Bird (Frys) H/W (peg 3), 60lb 13oz.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 6 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 7 Worle opticians wins award
- 8 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 9 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 10 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
Andy Curry (Frys) W/P (peg 15), 58lb 6oz; Ray Cooper (Frys) W/P (peg 12), 54lb 11oz; Ivan Currie (Clevedon) W/P (peg 10), 27lb 6oz.