Snooker tickets up for grabs
TOP level snooker returns to Weston next month – and you could be there to see it, thanks to the Mercury.
Party Casino’s Premier League Snooker will be bringing four of the green baize sport’s biggest names to Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on November 4.
Former world champion Shaun Murphy will head the field, and will go head-to-head with up-and-coming Leicestershire potter Mark Selby.
Flamboyant Australian Neil Robertson – who appeared when the competition made its Weston bow 12 months ago – will face Thailand’s Marco Fu in the other contest.
At this early stage of the league, all four players remain in title contention.
You may also want to watch:
The four will be locking horns as part of the big-money competition’s 25th season, and organisers are hoping for a full house.
The round robin format is played in quick-fire six-frame matches, with the league’s eventual winner set to pocket �30,000, as well as �1,000 for each framewon and another �1,000 for each century break.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
Weston’s match night will be broadcast live on Sky television, but if you prefer to get closer to the action you can – as the Mercury has 12 pairs of tickets to give away.
Two lucky winners will also receive signed cues, and one will even get an exclusive chance to meet the players in the tournament green room.
To be in with a chance of winning, you have to answer just one question: Which of the four players appearing in Weston has won the world snooker title?
You can enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk, or send your answers on a postcard, with your name, address and daytime phone number, to: Snooker competition, Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW. Closing date is October 28. Usual Archant terms and conditions apply.
If you’re not lucky enough to win tickets, then they can be bought – at a cost of �15 - from the Hutton Moor box office on 01934 425900.
The event is scheduled to begin at 7.30pm.