Somerset girls remain unbeaten
- Credit: Archant
Somerset Under-18 girls remain unbeaten in the county programme.
Gloucestershire U18s Girls 12 pts
Somerset U18s Girls 36 pts
AFTER winning their opening fixture of the season against Cornwall a month ago, Somerset Under-18 and Under-15 girls travelled to Gloucester.
Girls from club teams including Cleve, Minehead, Melksham, Wellington, Wells, Winscombe and Yatton came together to represent Somerset in the final fixtures of the county programme.
You may also want to watch:
In the Under-18s game, Gloucestershire started strongly and with a series of powerful drives set up camp inside the Somerset 22. Good defence eventually led to a turnover and when Somerset counter-attacked, good hands sent Chantelle Miel sprinting clear for the first score of the afternoon.
Gloucestershire relied on their impressive pack of forwards to give them field position, but could not handle Somerset’s running game and Maisie Gudmunson was soon to score her first try of the afternoon.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Somerset went on to score a further four tries and although Gloucestershire scored twice themselves and battled to the end, it was Somersets day.
It was a testament to the girls’ sense of camaraderie that they came together from so many clubs and forged a team spirit that saw them through.