Somerset honours for King Alfred pupils
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from King Alfred School in Burnham have been selected to represent Somerset.
KING Alfred School year 11 pupils Harry Marks and Lewis Dodge have been picked for the District Super Six team to represent Somerset Rugby at Under-16 level.
They are part of the schools successful team and play club rugby for Burnham. They, along with eight other lads, Andrew Aldred, Ryan Beard, Charlie Criddle, Chris Marsh, Adam Norman, Ben O’Halloran, Aiden Osman and Will Potter, were chosen for the Sedgemoor Buccaneers district side.
The boys will play against Cornwall, Devon, Gloucester and Bristol over the course of the next few weeks. If they impress during this phase they stand a chance of going on to represent the South West Under-16s and potentially on to England.
The eight other boys are also in with a chance of representing Somerset in a Combination team that will be made up of boys from the Sedgemoor Buccaneers squad and the North Somerset Vikings squad. If selected they will run out against a Cornwall B team in November.
You may also want to watch:
Year 10 pupil Nick Spinks has also been selected to represent the Sedgemoor Buccaneers, but at Under-15 level, Nick will go through the same process as the older lads and could be selected to the Somerset squad who play their games in the New Year.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 5 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival