Somerset Rebels lose out in Plymouth
- Credit: Archant
The Somerset Rebels failed in their attempt of a double over Plymouth, when they lost 52-41 at the Boniface Arena.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels were unable to get their League Cup campaign back on track against Plymouth, losing 52-41 at the Boniface Arena.
Despite dropping a point in their narrow 49-43 home victory over the Devils, the Rebels had hoped for a double.
They started well and held a 10-point lead after seven heats, but fell apart after Plymouth took an 8-1 heat advantage in the eight. Skipper Olly Allen had a disappointing night, failing to finish in any of his three outings.
The home win over Plymouth was a good all-round performance, with Allen posting the top score of 11 (paid 12), followed by Claus Vissing on 10 (paid 12).
You may also want to watch:
Vissing was making a guest appearance in place of Rebels’ number one Nick Morris, who was on Elite League duty with Swindon.
Somerset round off their League Cup fixtures with home matches against Rye House and Ipswich and are looking to register their first three-point return at the Oak Tree Arena.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 10 Village's community shop to relocate