Somerset Rebels make the Wright move
Charles Wright has become a full asset of the Somerset Rebels following his transfer from the Workington Comets.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels are pleased to announce that Charles Wright has become a full asset of the club following his transfer from the Workington Comets.
The news was announced by team manager Garry May at the Tatum & Pearson Live evening held at the Oaktree, which proved to be a tremendous success.
The duo, who present and commentate on Sky Sports’ coverage of domestic speedway, as well as being the voices of the Speedway World Cup and Grand Prix series worldwide, enthralled the assembled fans with an evening of stories, opinion and laughter.
“We are delighted to now have Charles as a Somerset asset, he has been superb for us ever since he first joined the club on loan from Workington towards the end of the 2013 season,” said May afterwards.
Charles said: “Somerset is a great club to ride for, the promotion and management team here are superb, as are the fans,” said the Stockport-based 26-year-old.
“The club have shown a lot of faith and belief in me since I first joined them on loan, even more so by now signing me as a full asset and I hope to be able to continue repaying that faith in the season ahead as we look to make amends for that one-point defeat in last year’s Championship Grand Final.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 7 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 8 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 9 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks