Somerset Vikings looking to expand
Somerset Vikings Rugby League Club are looking for new players and are also wanting to start a junior team.
SOMERSET Vikings Rugby League Club have begun preparations for the new season with pre-season training having started at Old Morganians Rugby Club from 7pm.
The Vikings were formed in 2003 by Royal Marine Chris Richards and New Zealander Darren Horne. Now in their 11th year, the team have increased their fan base and squad size beyond expectation.
The Vikings’ first game this year will see them playing a pre-season friendly against the Royal Marine Commandos. The first league game being away to Swindon St George on May 17, with the first home game on May 31 against Gloucester Warriors at the Vikings Bridgwater ground of Old Morganians.
With the launch of the new second team the club is welcoming new players, whether they are people who want to learn the game, or established rugby union players who would like to play sociable summer rugby.
You may also want to watch:
Vikings are looking to expand into a junior team and are also looking for sponsors to help develop the club.
For more information, contact Bob Blainey on 07763 205510 or see www.somersetvikings.org.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston