Somerset Vikings looking to expand
Somerset Vikings Rugby League Club are looking for new players and are also wanting to start a junior team.
SOMERSET Vikings Rugby League Club have begun preparations for the new season with pre-season training having started at Old Morganians Rugby Club from 7pm.
The Vikings were formed in 2003 by Royal Marine Chris Richards and New Zealander Darren Horne. Now in their 11th year, the team have increased their fan base and squad size beyond expectation.
The Vikings’ first game this year will see them playing a pre-season friendly against the Royal Marine Commandos. The first league game being away to Swindon St George on May 17, with the first home game on May 31 against Gloucester Warriors at the Vikings Bridgwater ground of Old Morganians.
With the launch of the new second team the club is welcoming new players, whether they are people who want to learn the game, or established rugby union players who would like to play sociable summer rugby.
You may also want to watch:
Vikings are looking to expand into a junior team and are also looking for sponsors to help develop the club.
For more information, contact Bob Blainey on 07763 205510 or see www.somersetvikings.org.uk
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?