South West success for college badminton pair
- Credit: Archant
Weston College student Henley Ngan and Luke Morgan have reached the British College badminton national final.
TWO young Weston College badminton players are through to the national finals of their sport after decisive wins in regional heats.
Henley Ngan, aged 18, and Luke Morgan (16), are now British Colleges Sport (BCS) South West region doubles champions following regional finals at Truro College, Cornwall.
There was double celebration for Henley, who was crowned singles champion at the same tournament after winning every game.
Luke, of Hutton, is studying sports and exercise science (Level Three) at Weston College. He said: “I was knocked out of the singles by one point, but had the chance to redeem myself in the doubles. We dominated Yeovil College in the final, but it went to three games and it was close.”
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, Luke received a ligament injury which has put him out of any sport for a few months.
Henley, studying for a BTEC extended diploma in sport, lives in Churchill and started playing badminton about six years ago. He said: “My parents used to play badminton and I became interested in it through them. It’s great to have won both singles and doubles and it’s given me a real boost.”
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences