South West success for college badminton pair
- Credit: Archant
Weston College student Henley Ngan and Luke Morgan have reached the British College badminton national final.
TWO young Weston College badminton players are through to the national finals of their sport after decisive wins in regional heats.
Henley Ngan, aged 18, and Luke Morgan (16), are now British Colleges Sport (BCS) South West region doubles champions following regional finals at Truro College, Cornwall.
There was double celebration for Henley, who was crowned singles champion at the same tournament after winning every game.
Luke, of Hutton, is studying sports and exercise science (Level Three) at Weston College. He said: “I was knocked out of the singles by one point, but had the chance to redeem myself in the doubles. We dominated Yeovil College in the final, but it went to three games and it was close.”
You may also want to watch:
Sadly, Luke received a ligament injury which has put him out of any sport for a few months.
Henley, studying for a BTEC extended diploma in sport, lives in Churchill and started playing badminton about six years ago. He said: “My parents used to play badminton and I became interested in it through them. It’s great to have won both singles and doubles and it’s given me a real boost.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse