Splitz gymnasts enter south west championships
- Credit: Archant
Splitz Gym Club enjoyed success at the recent South West Championships.
SPLITZ Gym Club entered the South West Championships over two weekends with events in Sherborne and Taunton.
Gymnasts competing were Maise Carter, Kyra Bonner, Lara Middleton Mia Croker, Harry Sheppard, Chloe Reyes, Archie Pickles, Able Luke, Harley Richards, Alanna Tayor, Kennady Bonner, Mia Pickett, Elleanor Atwell, Roxxi Crandon, Emma Bryne, Erin Madge, Sam Middleton, Laura Robinson, Eleanor Robertson, Summer Rogers, Olivia Harvey Bennett, Isabelle Murphy, Storm Rickwood, Lottie Barns, Amy Green, Ellie Mae Shearer, Amy Vincent Kent, Kayleigh Benham, Kayleigh Down, Daisy Hooper, Libby Bunker and Sienna Cunliffe.
Successes of the day were: Harry Sheppard and Chloe Reyes (bronze); Sam Middleton and Laura Robertson (silver); Amelia Heslington, Lottie Barns, Amy Green, Eleanor Robertson, Summer Rogers, Olivia Harvey Bennett (fourth place); Kayleigh Benham and Kayleigh Down (sixth out of 36 competitors).
All gymnasts worked hard for this competition and some of them competed for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
Many thanks go to our coaches Louise Walker and Carmen Benham for choreographing all the routines, judge Serena Robertson and Jo Hodder from Diamond Leotards for making the gymnasts stand out in the competition. Also, thanks go to Andy Darvil for the music.
The clubs next event is their annual display and presentation evening.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
The club will be holding summer classes for gymnastics and freerunning. If interested, please ring the Campus on 01934 427427 for more information or to book.