Splitz pair pick up national silver medals
- Credit: Archant
Libby Bunker and Kayleigh Down from Splitz Gym Club picked up silver medals at the National Schools finals.
SPLITZ Gym Club travelled to Fenton Manor, Stoke-on-Trent for the National Schools finals.
Gymnasts competed against the best in the country, following their medal success in the South West competition.
Gymnasts Harry Sheppard (Herons Moor), Archie Pickles, Kayleigh Down (Oldmixon) and Libby Bunker (Churchill) competed in the tumbling event.
Harry was placed seventh and Archie 10th, as both performed three clean tumble runs.
You may also want to watch:
Libby in the 14+ age group and Kayleigh in the Under-11s, performed some difficult tumble runs to both become silver medallists, a brilliant achievement.
Thanks go to the parents who supported the club, who are producing many tumbling champions. Their next competition is in December. The club will also be competing in July at the acrobatics championships.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
Splitz Gym will be holding classes in gymnastics and free-running during August at the Campus. Please ring 07900 856129 to book.