Splitz pair pick up national silver medals
- Credit: Archant
Libby Bunker and Kayleigh Down from Splitz Gym Club picked up silver medals at the National Schools finals.
SPLITZ Gym Club travelled to Fenton Manor, Stoke-on-Trent for the National Schools finals.
Gymnasts competed against the best in the country, following their medal success in the South West competition.
Gymnasts Harry Sheppard (Herons Moor), Archie Pickles, Kayleigh Down (Oldmixon) and Libby Bunker (Churchill) competed in the tumbling event.
Harry was placed seventh and Archie 10th, as both performed three clean tumble runs.
You may also want to watch:
Libby in the 14+ age group and Kayleigh in the Under-11s, performed some difficult tumble runs to both become silver medallists, a brilliant achievement.
Thanks go to the parents who supported the club, who are producing many tumbling champions. Their next competition is in December. The club will also be competing in July at the acrobatics championships.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
Splitz Gym will be holding classes in gymnastics and free-running during August at the Campus. Please ring 07900 856129 to book.