Colder conditions are slowing sport at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
WITH colder conditions beginning to slow sport in general, carp were always going to be hard to find at Shiplate Farm Fishery, most anglers would be hoping to build their weights from silvers.
This proved to be the case with some quality roach and bream to 5lb being caught.
The exception was Eric Searle on peg 1 and Colin Lambert on peg 3, who both got into carp to double figures and ended the day in the top two places.
Results: Eric Searle 62.5lb; Colin Lambert 39.12 lb; Danny 17.1 lb (incl silvers); Roger Coombes 16.5lb.
You may also want to watch:
Shiplate Farm Fishery is running open winter matches on the following dates: January 8, Hawthorns; January 29, Hawthorns; February 19, Main Lake; March 4, Hawthorns; March 25, Westpool.
Draw at 9am, fishing 10am-3pm, maximum 15 anglers. �15 entry fee. To reserve your place or for more information please call 07895 852162.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers