Sporting legends head for Weston
A GROUP of sporting legends will be rolling back the years during a one-off Weston exhibition event in May.
Snooker stars Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, John Virgo, Cliff Thorburn and John Parrott were among the sport’s biggest names back in the 1980s and 1990s.
Three of them – Taylor, Thorburn and Parrott - bagged world titles during the sport’s heyday, while White has been arguably the game’s most popular ever player.
Virgo earned cult status during his stint on quiz show Big Break, and will be compering the event and entertaining crowds with his trick shot repertoire.
The group will be locking horns in a Snooker Legends competition at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on May 17.
You may also want to watch:
It is part of a national tour for the legends team, but is the only date in this area.
Tickets are priced at �25 – or �75 for VIP tickets, which include a Champagne reception and a chance to meet the players – and are available from Hutton Moor on 01934 425900.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course