Sporting legends head for Weston
A GROUP of sporting legends will be rolling back the years during a one-off Weston exhibition event in May.
Snooker stars Jimmy White, Dennis Taylor, John Virgo, Cliff Thorburn and John Parrott were among the sport’s biggest names back in the 1980s and 1990s.
Three of them – Taylor, Thorburn and Parrott - bagged world titles during the sport’s heyday, while White has been arguably the game’s most popular ever player.
Virgo earned cult status during his stint on quiz show Big Break, and will be compering the event and entertaining crowds with his trick shot repertoire.
The group will be locking horns in a Snooker Legends competition at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on May 17.
You may also want to watch:
It is part of a national tour for the legends team, but is the only date in this area.
Tickets are priced at �25 – or �75 for VIP tickets, which include a Champagne reception and a chance to meet the players – and are available from Hutton Moor on 01934 425900.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery