Sports gain revenge
NK Sports gained their revenge over Strollers, reversing an earlier defeat.
NIGEL Osbourne took 2-15 and Will Huxtable 4-21 as the Strollers restricted NK Sports to 125-7 Division 1 of the Weston Proper Job Midweek League.
Ian Leadbetter scored 35 and Tom Issac 27 for the Sports. In reply, the Strollers lost three early wickets, Andy Brooks taking 2-19, before Carl Fletcher, with an unbeaten 68 and Russell Green with 27 not out saw them to a seven wicket win.
The Strollers next game saw them record a narrow seven run victory over Locking Castle. Nick Osbourne with 38 and John Gatehouse with 34 not out helped them to 138-6, with Dave Fairhurst taking 2-25 and Gary Rogerson 2-31.
Jerry Walters made 46 and Harry Wiseman 31 as Locking edged towards their target but Green took 3-30 as the chase fell short.
You may also want to watch:
NK Sports in their return match with the Strollers gained revenge for their earlier defeat. Dave Huxtable took 5-17 as the Sports were dismissed for 93. M Read 38 and K Ward contributed the bulk of the runs. Andy Brooks took 3-10 and Chris Davidson 3-18 as the Strollers were dismissed for 63.
In Division 2, the Presidents posted 132-7 against Mark with Tim Cattermole claiming 5-28. Tim Moxey made 38 not out as Mark recorded a five wicket win.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 4 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Which services will be open and closed during tier three in North Somerset?
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Lockdown chef launches cook-along YouTube channel
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
The Stevenson Memorial Cup final has been re-arranged for August 9 and will be contested between Lympsham Airways, who were six wicket winners over Locking Castle, and the Swingers, who defeated Athletico by 102 runs.
Tables - Division 1: Strollers - played six, won three, 103 pts; NK Sports 6, 3, 92; Lympsham 4, 3, 78; Swingers 3, 3, 75; Locking 5, 0, 71; East Huntspill 4, 2, 62.
Division 2: Mark 5, 3, 95; Windsor Castle 3, 3, 68; Parpagon Carriers 4, 1, 62; Presidents 4, 1, 59; Athletico 3, 2, 47; Coach House 1, 0, 8.