Sportsmanship award for Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Toolstation Western League club Cheddar received a sportsmanship award at the league’s convention held at the Palace Hotel in Torquay.
Cheddar Football Club were proud to receive the best sportsmanship award at the Toolstation Western League’s convention held at the Palace Hotel, Torquay.
The award, collected on behalf of the club by committee member Jo Reason, was given to the club for their outstanding sportsmanship on the field of play.
Meanwhile, the Cheesemen have been active off the pitch in recent weeks and have announced they are to play two attractive pre-season friendlies, both against quality Southern League opposition in July.
Matches so far confirmed are against Taunton Town on July 15 and Paulton Rovers on July 22, both games kick-off at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar secretary Alan Cooper said: “We have been in contact with a number of other clubs, and are hopeful of at least two further matches with quality opposition before the curtain for the new season goes up in early August.”
The club are also hopeful of a big attendance for their end-of-season awards evening on June 10 (starting at 7.30pm), tickets for which are still available, priced £10.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston