Sportsmanship award for Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Toolstation Western League club Cheddar received a sportsmanship award at the league’s convention held at the Palace Hotel in Torquay.
Cheddar Football Club were proud to receive the best sportsmanship award at the Toolstation Western League’s convention held at the Palace Hotel, Torquay.
The award, collected on behalf of the club by committee member Jo Reason, was given to the club for their outstanding sportsmanship on the field of play.
Meanwhile, the Cheesemen have been active off the pitch in recent weeks and have announced they are to play two attractive pre-season friendlies, both against quality Southern League opposition in July.
Matches so far confirmed are against Taunton Town on July 15 and Paulton Rovers on July 22, both games kick-off at 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Cheddar secretary Alan Cooper said: “We have been in contact with a number of other clubs, and are hopeful of at least two further matches with quality opposition before the curtain for the new season goes up in early August.”
The club are also hopeful of a big attendance for their end-of-season awards evening on June 10 (starting at 7.30pm), tickets for which are still available, priced £10.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released