Covid-19 triples winners revealed at St Andrews
Sisters Rebecca and Jennifer McMillan won the Covid-19 triples alongside Tim Wyatt at St Andrews.
The trio needed a convincing victory in their final match against Paul Smart, Roger Brereton and Robin Potter last week and got it, by 25-8.
That left their only real rivals, brothers Simon and Jack Angove and Tiff Webb, needing to beat Alan Dawes, Sue Sinclair and Brian Reeves by 16 shots in their final game on Sunday.
However, illness saw the Angove team unable to play and they had to concede, leaving the McMillan sisters and Wyatt two points clear.
The McMillans, both in their 20s, are outstanding players and have represented Somerset women in the national inter-county Johns Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Wyatt, Rebecca’s partner, is in his first season of outdoor bowls having only taken up the sport last winter, and has shown himself to be a very promising player.
St Andrews members now turn their attention to the indoor season, which starts on the weekend of October 3-4 with the postponed finals of the 2019-20 club championships.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
They will continue on the following weekend and club leagues start on Monday, October 5, with a couple in new formats as Covid restrictions make for a different season for indoor members.