Steve finishes first at Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club runner took first place at the Cheddar 5k race.
IT is the time of year when many Weston Athletic Club members race over shorter distances with a flurry of 10k’s coming up on the race calendar over the coming weeks.
Last weekend saw members compete in the scenic Cheddar five and 10k races organised by the National Trust.
In the 5k, Steve Kibblewhite took first place for the club and third overall in 19.01. Luke Buchan was second club runner in 29.55, with Mark Gray coming third in 31.00. Stephanie Shute was the only lady to compete from the club finishing in 27.48.
In the 10k event, Nick Briffitt ran strongly to be awarded second place overall and first vet in a time of 44.12. Guy Bradford was not far behind in 45.08 taking second vet overall. Emma Barker once again the only club lady racing finished in 1.19.38.
You may also want to watch:
Others in the club were competing in triathlons with three members racing in the Taunton Triathlon. First to finish was David Stock in 1.06.45 and in 14th position. Phil Tomlinson crossed the finish line in 1.07.23 and was 19th overall, with Andrew Sandiford finishing in 1.20.29 and 86th overall.
Marc Molloy competed in the National Sprint Triathlon Championships at Eton Dorney. A highly competitive event saw 53 triathletes racing in Marc’s age category with a total of 700 competitors racing. He finished in 1.07.56 and a respectable 17th place in his age category.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 7 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 8 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
Nick Briffitt racing in the Cheddar 10k.