Steve finishes first at Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club runner took first place at the Cheddar 5k race.
IT is the time of year when many Weston Athletic Club members race over shorter distances with a flurry of 10k’s coming up on the race calendar over the coming weeks.
Last weekend saw members compete in the scenic Cheddar five and 10k races organised by the National Trust.
In the 5k, Steve Kibblewhite took first place for the club and third overall in 19.01. Luke Buchan was second club runner in 29.55, with Mark Gray coming third in 31.00. Stephanie Shute was the only lady to compete from the club finishing in 27.48.
In the 10k event, Nick Briffitt ran strongly to be awarded second place overall and first vet in a time of 44.12. Guy Bradford was not far behind in 45.08 taking second vet overall. Emma Barker once again the only club lady racing finished in 1.19.38.
You may also want to watch:
Others in the club were competing in triathlons with three members racing in the Taunton Triathlon. First to finish was David Stock in 1.06.45 and in 14th position. Phil Tomlinson crossed the finish line in 1.07.23 and was 19th overall, with Andrew Sandiford finishing in 1.20.29 and 86th overall.
Marc Molloy competed in the National Sprint Triathlon Championships at Eton Dorney. A highly competitive event saw 53 triathletes racing in Marc’s age category with a total of 700 competitors racing. He finished in 1.07.56 and a respectable 17th place in his age category.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Nick Briffitt racing in the Cheddar 10k.