Stocker family retain their Winscombe title
- Credit: Archant
The Stocker team from Victoria retained their Winscombe Men’s Open Triples Tournament title.
THE annual Winscombe Men’s Open Triples Tournament was again well supported with 28 teams playing in two groups from 9am in four one-hour matches.
Despite the intermittent showers which were heavy at times, it was an enjoyable day with good matches. Players and guests enjoyed another excellent lunch and delicious home-made cakes in the afternoon.
The final 10 end match was contested by the winners of Group A: Victoria A (The Stockers) and the winners of Group B: Bristol BC. It was a close game with The Stockers retaining their title seven shots to four.
In the runners-up match, Bath achieved third place by winning against Banwell C nine shots to eight after an extra end.
You may also want to watch:
The trophy and winners cheques were presented by Jo Feltham, managing director of Avoncrop Amenity Products, the tournaments sponsors.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud