Strikeback fighters in good form
Strikeback Gym entered eight fighters into its own competition.
STRIKEBACK Gym entertained kickboxing clubs from across the country, with fighters travelling from Cornwall to Birmingham.
A fantastic day of competition was had by competitors of varied age ranges. Local club Strikeback fielded eight fighters in points and light contact categories.
Lara Miller, aged 6, had a tough battle against an older boy, but showed true grit and determination in the ring, but the day was not to go her way.
Ten-year-old Joe Littlewood went into his fight as the slight underdog, but came out as silver medallist in a large category. Curley Winstone, aged 13, also in this strong category gave a solid performance to finish third.
You may also want to watch:
Rory Miller, aged 9, was the first to strike in a well-matched category. Rory has been training well and secured gold with a strong ring presence.
Gemma Baker pushed herself to the limit having returned from injury to face the five-time and current world champion Eden Benney from Cornwall. Both gave a great performance with Benney edging the gold.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Mural nears completion in Weston
Strikeback’s other senior fighters, Dan Saunders and Mark Jenkinson entered the ring and ended up competing against each other. On the day, Jenkinson had the edge on the younger Saunders.
Last but by no means least, Strikeback’s chief instructor George Katsimpas gave a fantastic exhibition style fight and pulled out all the stops to dazzle the crowd with his showboating moves.
Strikeback would like to thank all their sponsors and all the competitors who travelled a great distance to compete at the state of the art facility at Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon.
If you would like to be a part of this fast-moving club, please feel free to come along and enjoy the fun. For further information, go to the website on www.strikebackgym.co.uk or call Greg on 07753 615314.