Strikeback fighters qualify for world championships
- Credit: Archant
Three kickboxers from Strikeback Gym have qualified for the world championships in Switzerland.
THREE members of Strikeback kickboxing team travelled to Worcester for the Battle of England 2013.
Rory Miller, aged nine, was first on to the floor and he battled hard to a well-deserved second. Joel Anderson was dominant from the start, with pin point accuracy and fantastic technique and was rewarded with a first place trophy.
Chief instructor George Katsimpas said: “I am so proud of the boys and huge credit to Joel, we have been working on a few things in the gym and he pulled them off well today.”
Third to the floor was Katsimpas, who again managed to dazzle the crowd with a brilliant display, bringing home another first place trophy to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Anderson produced another brilliant display to earn second place, two categories above his weight class.
All three fighters have now qualified to represent the town and the UK at the WUMA world championships in Switzerland
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
If you would like to be a part of the Strikeback phenomenon which keeps going from strength to strength, please go to www.strikebackgym.co.uk or contact Greg on 07753 615314.
Strikeback will be open for business throughout the summer. All ages/gender and abilities welcome.