Strikeback fighters qualify for world championships
- Credit: Archant
Three kickboxers from Strikeback Gym have qualified for the world championships in Switzerland.
THREE members of Strikeback kickboxing team travelled to Worcester for the Battle of England 2013.
Rory Miller, aged nine, was first on to the floor and he battled hard to a well-deserved second. Joel Anderson was dominant from the start, with pin point accuracy and fantastic technique and was rewarded with a first place trophy.
Chief instructor George Katsimpas said: “I am so proud of the boys and huge credit to Joel, we have been working on a few things in the gym and he pulled them off well today.”
Third to the floor was Katsimpas, who again managed to dazzle the crowd with a brilliant display, bringing home another first place trophy to the club.
You may also want to watch:
Anderson produced another brilliant display to earn second place, two categories above his weight class.
All three fighters have now qualified to represent the town and the UK at the WUMA world championships in Switzerland
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
If you would like to be a part of the Strikeback phenomenon which keeps going from strength to strength, please go to www.strikebackgym.co.uk or contact Greg on 07753 615314.
Strikeback will be open for business throughout the summer. All ages/gender and abilities welcome.