Strikeback Gym celebrate first anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Strikeback Gym in Weston has recently celebrated its first birthday.
STRIKEBACK Gym has recently celebrated its first birthday.
The community club has been established on the goodwill and voluntary assistance from its instructors and staff. There has also been success in tournaments all over the UK by the mini/junior and senior members bringing a multitude of trophies back to the gym.
The year is being marked by a 12-bout extravaganza show called The Eagle has Landed, with boxing/mauy thai/ K1 and kickboxing on the bill. This will be the first time that every bout will have a local Weston fighter competing.
Strikeback will have three boxers, Avasi Lucas, Dan Saunders and Mark Jenkinson and will also have three kickboxers on the show - Matt Dell, Joel Anderson and George Katsimpas.
You may also want to watch:
There will be three professional title fights with the ICO English full contact K1 being competed by Weston and Combat gym fighter Kade Sherlock,
The ICO English full contact kickboxing title with Weston and Strikeback fighter Joel Anderson and the evening will conclude with the British ICO full contact title with Weston and Strikeback fighter George Katsimpas.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 7 Community shop seeks new manager
- 8 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 9 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
Anyone who wishes to be a part of this dynamic and growing club or anyone who wishes tickets/sponsor for The Eagle has Landed held on the Grand Pier on October 26 at 7pm, please contact Greg on 07753 615314 or James on 07908 247505.
Go to the website for full details at www.strikebackgym.co.uk