Strikeback pair earn English titles
- Credit: Archant
Two members of Strikeback Kickboxing Club won English titles and qualify for the world championships.
STRIKEBACK Kickboxing Club travelled to Worcester over the weekend where they entered the English Championships.
The team travelled with high hopes and their efforts were soon rewarded. George Katsimpas and Gemma Baker both won titles, with Baker also earning a runner-up place. Other winners were Joe Littlewood and Rory Miller.
The winners and runners-up of their categories will qualify for the World Championships in Geneva, Switzerland.
Strikeback hope to have further qualifiers over the next few months in order for a large representation from Weston’s newest club.
You may also want to watch:
Chief instructor Master George Katsimpas and instructor Gemma Baker said: “What a day of competition, all our hard work and effort paid off, just fantastic for a new club.”
If you would like to join the team at Strikeback for fitness or competition, please feel free to come along. All abilities and gender welcome. The club will be open over the Easter break.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
If anyone would like to sponsor the team on their journey forward or to train please contact Greg on 07753 615314, look up our website www.strikebackgym.co.uk or better still, pop into the gym Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon, BS24 9DJ.