Struggling Yatton outclassed
Yatton 3 pts Brixham 34 pts - YATTON struggled from the beginning of the first half when Brixham came out of the starting stalls at full gallop.
Yatton 3 pts
Brixham 34 pts
YATTON struggled from the beginning of the first half when Brixham came out of the starting stalls at full gallop.
Within five minutes the visitors had clocked up 14 points with Matthew Dempsey and Mike Beeson scoring after some slick back play. Ben Lovell converted both tries.
You may also want to watch:
In the 24th minute after a misunderstanding, Yatton were reduced to 14 men and in those 10 minutes, Brixham again added points through a passage of handling errors by the home side. Brixham adding
two tries and a conversion to bring the score to 29 -0 to the visitors.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
Yatton were rewarded for their tenacity with a penalty on half time bringing the score to 3-29 at the break.
The second half was a stalemate for the majority of the second half, but luck was not with the home side and Brixham finished as they started with a runaway try.
Yatton travel to St Ives at the weekend and a win is paramount as they pin their hopes on remaining in this league.
On Sunday, Yatton Colts play at home in a league game, kick off 2pm.