Success for Strikeback team
- Credit: Archant
A seven-strong Strikeback team tasted success at a competition in Yeovil.
THE first outing for Strikeback kickboxing team was to an event in Yeovil.
The seven-strong team were one of the largest teams entered and having only just opened in the past few months, it was a brilliant turnout.
Sky Sports were filming the day and Strikeback hope to be feature on the recorded show.
Lara Miller, aged 5, Rory Miller (9) and Luke Morton (20) were having their first competitive debut and all three put up an outstanding performance, with Rory being pipped for third place by a more experienced opponent.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Littlewoods (10) and Gemma Baker (19) both had tough competition in their fights, but settled for well-earned third places.
Ed Hill (14) had several tough bouts, but he stormed his way into the final. His opponent was warned twice for foul play, but his was enough to distract Ed, who had to settle for second place.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
The seventh, but by no means the least fighter of the day, was Strikeback’s master kickboxing instructor George Katsimpas.
A master class was to follow from Katsimpas, who showed no mercy in making his way through the field to the final.
He cranked up a gear and made short work of his opponent, giving Strikeback a first place to round off an amazing day of competition.
Anyone wishing to join the fast moving club, please feel free to come along to Strikeback Gym, Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon, BS24 9DJ, or look up its website www.strikebackgym.co.uk
Thank go to sponsor Boss Carz and Scaffolding Direct.