Success for Strikeback team
- Credit: Archant
A seven-strong Strikeback team tasted success at a competition in Yeovil.
THE first outing for Strikeback kickboxing team was to an event in Yeovil.
The seven-strong team were one of the largest teams entered and having only just opened in the past few months, it was a brilliant turnout.
Sky Sports were filming the day and Strikeback hope to be feature on the recorded show.
Lara Miller, aged 5, Rory Miller (9) and Luke Morton (20) were having their first competitive debut and all three put up an outstanding performance, with Rory being pipped for third place by a more experienced opponent.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Littlewoods (10) and Gemma Baker (19) both had tough competition in their fights, but settled for well-earned third places.
Ed Hill (14) had several tough bouts, but he stormed his way into the final. His opponent was warned twice for foul play, but his was enough to distract Ed, who had to settle for second place.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
The seventh, but by no means the least fighter of the day, was Strikeback’s master kickboxing instructor George Katsimpas.
A master class was to follow from Katsimpas, who showed no mercy in making his way through the field to the final.
He cranked up a gear and made short work of his opponent, giving Strikeback a first place to round off an amazing day of competition.
Anyone wishing to join the fast moving club, please feel free to come along to Strikeback Gym, Unit 43, Lynx Crescent, Oldmixon, BS24 9DJ, or look up its website www.strikebackgym.co.uk
Thank go to sponsor Boss Carz and Scaffolding Direct.