Avenue Tennis Club held a successful annual dinner.
AVENUE Tennis Club captains Richard Belfield and Lynn O’Dell both organised a successful annual dinner.
They thanked Mike Wooley and Tim Deane for the music and the Party People for the food and service. Richard made a special thanks to retiring treasurer Richard Powell who has worked tirelessly and there were special thanks to Poo Jenkins and Julie Cameron.
Head coach Vinny Duddy said the new adult membership deal has been successful. Included in the membership offer are 10 free tennis lessons all for a cost of �50.
Duddy and Craig Phillips also attended Burnham Infants School where they taught the teachers and their assistants, with the help of Year 1 and 2 children some tennis games that they could do with the children in their indoor hall.
You may also want to watch:
Duddy and Phillips are also attending Berrow Infants and have offered to do the same at some of the other schools in Burnham.
The club will be holding another social Sunday mixed doubles tournament on Sunday in memory of Jan Mackay a former member at the club. Play is scheduled to begin at 11am and finish about 1pm - see website - www.avenuetennis.com
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Duddy will also be running a mini red (11am-1pm), a mini orange (1-3pm) and a green ball tournament on November 27, anyone wishing to play should contact him at the club.
The club’s Christmas lunch will be held on December 4 (12.30pm for 1pm), everyone is reminded to book early for this event, using the list on the club’s notice board.