Successful Easter festival
- Credit: Archant
The Woodsooners (Bluehearts Hockey Club) from Hertfordshire, were the winners of the 78th Brean Easter Hockey Festival.
THE Woodsooners (Bluehearts Hockey Club) from Hertfordshire, were the winners of the 78th Brean Easter Hockey Festival.
They finished on top of the three-day festival, closely followed by runners-up Luton and Wilmslows Wise Men in third place.
The veteran’s tournament was won by Elizabethans, with Crusaders in second place. The ladies’ event was won by The Bees, with Avonmouth in second place.
The Peter Morrish Memorial fair play award was presented to a new young team to the festival, the Wilmslow Whippersnappers, who came fifth in the men’s tournament.
You may also want to watch:
The Neil Jarvie Memorial veteran award was presented to Dave Colling, the festival treasurer, who plays for North Somerset and the Hasbreans.
The grass pitches at Drove Road stood up well to the heavy use. Thanks to the hard work of the festival committee, the event was deemed a success, with the marquee a godsend in the cold wind and the pig roast proving successful.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 10 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
Results – men: Woodsooners; Luton; Wilmslows Wise Men; The Knots; Wilmslows Whippersnappers; Sandy Bulls; The Bar-Varians; Crusadsers; North Somerset; Torpids; Telford & Shiffnal.
Veterans: Elizabethans; Crusaders; Knots; Torpids; Hasbreans.
Ladies: The Bees; Avonmouth; Weston Wildcats; North Somerset; Jolly Hockey Jockeys; Wilmslows Ladies & Friends.