Successful floodlit event
WESTON Tennis Club held its first floodlit event with a Hallowe'en theme.
WESTON Tennis Club held its first floodlit event with a Hallowe'en theme. Many members and their guests took advantage of the club's excellent facilities. A fun doubles tournament took place, also a balloon target practice was held by club coach, Michael Rakosi. A barbeque, refreshments and music were provided and all enjoyed the evening.
There are plans to hold more social events beginning with a Christmas meal on December 15. Presentation for the winners of the men's doubles tournament, Jon Parsons and Nick Evans, took place before the Hallowe'en festivities. This was an event delayed by the court resurfacing programme and the keenly awaited singles final and other events will take place later this month.
Play at Weston Tennis Club takes place all year round now that the club has five floodlit courts. Social tennis continues throughout the winter with popular evening and weekend sessions.
The club formerly had three Sunday winter league teams but this has been temporarily reduced to one due to a lack of women players. The aim is to restore league participation to three teams next season.
You may also want to watch:
The club invites players of all standards interested in league and social play to try the club without obligation at one of the social sessions to see if membership at this friendly club appeals.
For those who would like to be coached, Michael Rakosi holds sessions for adult and junior beginners and improvers, including mini tennis for young beginners. For more information please ring 625603 or visit the club's website at westontennisclub.co.uk
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs