Members of JKA Weston Shotokan Karate Club recently attended their latest kyu (colour belt) grade examination.
JKA WESTON Shotokan Karate Club recently attended their latest kyu (colour belt) grade examination in Glastonbury.
Clubs from Bristol, Norton Radstock, the Mendips, Taunton and as far away as Wareham in Dorset, travelled up for the day to train and grade with Ohta Sensei 7th Dan JKA.
For students to travel this far for just a few hours of training testifies to the level of instruction that Ohta Sensei provides, which is truly world class.
The senior grades enjoyed the early morning two hour training session which blew the cobwebs out. Once complete, the junior grades were next up for their training session.
You may also want to watch:
All of the students passed, a testament to all the hard work they have put in throughout the year. This grading is a small, but not insignificant moment for the JKA Weston students, as they are now halfway to gaining black belt success.
The club trains at Priory Community School on Friday evenings and Sunday mornings. The club is affiliated to the Japan Karate Association, so if you are interested in joining, please visit www.jka-weston-super-mare.org for further details or call the club’s instructor on 07528 512355.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 10 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies