Successful grading at Weston
Weston Karate Club held its last grading of the year at Hutton Moor sports centre.
WESTON Karate Club based at Hutton Moor, had their last grading of 2012 and have just finished for the Christmas break.
Some 24 students of ages ranging from seven-years-old took part and each student was assessed individually. Gradings are always a nervous time as it is the end of at least three months practice and it could all go wrong on the day.
It is usual for the club instructors to nominate the best student on the day. On this occasion, three students were nominated - Louis Sharp, Rhys Downey and Kiriaki Lagou.
Over the last few months, the club has seen interest in joining increase considerably. Karate is an ideal disciplined self-defence activity for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
The main benefits with regular training include improved confidence, co-ordination, flexibility, concentration respect for others.
Recently our club was invited to take part in a WKU tournament. It was an enjoyable day for all that took part and thanks go to Wendy and Gary among others. Eleven club members took part, three of which won medals.
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 10 School producing science champions
Club instructors Kevin, Shaun and Michelle would like to wish all the club members & their families a very Merry Christmas. Training will commence on January 7.
Anyone who would like information about the club, can visit its website - www.westonkarateclub.co.uk or tel 01934 624713.