Successful grading for Weston students
- Credit: Archant
Weston Karate Club students all successfully passed at the largest grading of the year.
CONGRATULATIONS go to students from Weston Karate Club who participated in their Christmas grading at Hans Price Academy.
This was the largest grading this year with nine new beginners taking part in their first grading and as always it’s a nervous time. They all successfully and confidently demonstrated what they had learned in their weekly training sessions.
Gradings are held every three months and it is usual for junior grade students under 16 years to take a mon grade, which is half a belt or tag. This is normal in karate due to the number of skills required to achieve a full coloured belt.
However, on this occasion due to the high standards set by the students, the majority achieved a double grade and earned their full belt.
You may also want to watch:
The instructors normally award a prize to the most improved student. On this occasion four students were singled out by the examiners because of their great enthusiasm and body control.
Karate teaches self-discipline, co-ordination, practical self defence techniques, promotes to build confidence and improves flexibility.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
The club has three experienced instructors and currently trains twice a week at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre. The club is just about to start a new beginners course in January with the first two weeks free.
If you are interested for yourself or someone else and would like more information, contact Kevin or Michelle on 01934 624713, check out the website westonkarateclub.co.uk or e-mail email@example.com alternatively Facebook: Weston karate club