Successful grading for Weston students
- Credit: Archant
Weston Karate Club students all passed their grading examination, demonstrating what they had learned in their weekly training sessions.
Congratulations to the students from Weston Karate Club who participated in their grading at Hutton Moor Leisure.
Several new members took part in their first grading, with all successfully and confidently demonstrating what they had learned in their weekly training sessions.
Gradings are held every three months and are an opportunity for individuals to demonstrate the knowledge they have gained under pressure.
Karate is not just for children, but ideal for all members of a family, with some parents and their children training together. It teaches self discipline, co-ordination, practical self-defence techniques, promotes to build confidence and improves flexibility.
You may also want to watch:
The club has three experienced instructors and currently train twice a week at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre.
Karate has always been based around an individual and not a team activity, so is ideal for ages well in excess of 50 years. Chief instructor Kevin is proof of this as he approaches his late 50s.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The club is just about to start a new beginners course with the first two weeks completely free.
If you are interested and would like more information, contact Kevin on 01934 624713 or e-mail email@example.com